Friday, August 22, 2014

Seek NOTHING

Once there was a dying king who asked all of his servants to come with him at the kingdom's treasure room filled with gold, jewelries and precious stones. The king told all of the servants to take all they need. As expected, all the servants scrambled and gathered all they can take, putting them in their pockets, their bags, and to whichever they can use to carry the treasure. 

When the king requested all the servants to finish up and leave the room, the king noticed one servant who did not carry anything. The king then asked, "Why have you not taken even a single gold coin?". The lowly servant then answered, "My lord. In all my life I have wanted to be rich, to be better than others. Yet, as each day passes by, it seems that even if I am one gold coin richer than yesterday, I am still not satisfied. Even if I will take all the treasures in this room, I will always still yearn for more. That is not what I need for my soul seeks only NOTHING.

Surprised by the wisdom his servant has bestowed, the king declared him the new king.

Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment