Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finding the Right Reason


I wonder why life is being compared to a roller coaster ride.  I do love roller coasters specially the excitement it gives when you are the top then rushing down on an almost ninety degree fall while you almost have to puke your guts out. Roller coasters are really exciting. It scares the hell out of me but at the same time it is fun. Perhaps, it is the ‘ups’ and ‘downs’ that makes it comparable to life. When we are at the top, with our ecstasy and joy, we pray and hope that it will forever stay that way. But life as we know is not like that. Unfortunately, sooner or later, we dive down. But unlike roller coasters, we don’t fall with the feeling of excitement but it is of agony.  With this, some people think that life is cruel and it should not be that way. That pain should not be a part of it.

We all have our fair share of pain and despair. We know that physical pain will not last that long but it is the emotional and psychological pain that last longer. But then again, the time it takes for the emotional pain to completely heal would depend on the individual’s perspective on how he looks at things: whether the glass is half-empty or half-full.

Heartbreaks. They say, this is one of the most difficult things to handle.  A lot would really be having difficulty in ‘moving on’ most specially if they have been attached to their partner for quite a long time. Letting go indeed is very difficult. But if you are not able to let go, wounds will never heal. Suffering will persist. And how would we let go then? Just find the right reason.

A very close friend of mine once asked, “are we dating the wrong person?”. “No we aren’t. There is no such thing as a wrong person.” That was my answer. I have never considered them as 'wrong persons' for people come for a purpose.  I have enumerated to her perhaps the reasons why I have met them, like one was instrumental for my coming out as gay, the other led me back home, and another made me realize that I was not alone in this world. And I am not just talking about relationships. Every time when my life seems at its lowest, I believe deep inside that it has to happen, and that it has a purpose. And whatever that is, it is always for the better. I may not be able to find the reason today, but sooner or later, I will later thank this day for allowing me to learn and helping me survive.

So when you think you are the lowest point of your life, believe that there is a greater purpose why you are experiencing it right now. Instead of sulking and lingering on the pain, change your mindset. Be positive. Our mind is our worst enemy. It plays games on us. But once you are able to tame it well, it will be our greatest ally. With it we can do great things.

Don’t let your thoughts torture your soul. You are here to experience the joy of what physical reality can offer. Our soul is self-replenishing, self-sustaining for it is ever growing. But it is weakened by the negativity of our thoughts. Let it draw its strength and let it heal by believing that the world is full of goodness, peace and love.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment